Vancouver is a city abundant in rain. The winter can be notoriously wet and cold throughout the year. Even so, this place has never failed to amaze tourists with its fascinating view, vibrant nightlife, and hundreds of unique neighborhood to explore.
If you are planning a trip to Vancouver, here are the best things to do and places to eat and stay when visiting this city.
Where to Stay in Vancouver
Vancouver is quite gifted when it comes to luxurious hotels and apartments. However, if you are travelling on a budget, you might want to check the following hotels for a comfortable stay at a great price point.
· HI Vancouver Downtown – This is probably the best hostel downtown that is at close proximity with valuable attractions in Vancouver. You can stay here for $120 per night.
· The Burrard – You will love the ambiance of this boutique hotel if you are into vintage things. It was first built in 1956 and now it is a magnificent retro hotel with dog-friendly rooms and Wi-Fi.
· HI Jericho Beach – If you want to get the best view of Jericho Beach, you will like this hotel. It is not centrally located but it offers private rooms with bathrooms.
· Gage Apartments at UBC – This hotel is a bit far from the downtown area. You can stay here if you want to enjoy a luxurious stay at the price of a hostel.
Top Vancouver Neighborhood to Visit
Touring around Vancouver would not be complete without visiting the places we have listed below. So make sure they are on your list to make your stay in this country one-of-a-kind.
· Downtown Area – Vancouver’s downtown area is like a “mini Manhattan” where you can see a lot of attractions. You can take great photos of Gastown, English Bay, and Robson Street. Or shop in luxurious boutiques.
· Chinatown – Yes there is a Chinatown in Vancouver with beautiful red lanterns dangling from the buildings. You will feel like you are in another space when you get here.
· Mount Pleasant – If you want to see heritage buildings, you should go to Mount Pleasant. With perfect timing, you might be able to see some arts-focused festivals in this neighborhood.
· Kitsilano – Unlike the busy downtown area of Vancouver, Kitsilano is quite peaceful. It has 15 public parks and a lot of green spaces where you can relax and breathe fresh air.
Vancouver is the largest city in Canada. Going here for only a day is probably not enough to enjoy what it offers. In case you are bringing your family, it helps to plan ahead to make your trip better.